2.on account of
1. She feels devalued because she knows her husband has had affairs.
2. I denied my father because I wanted to become someone else.
3. I get very nervous because I'm using a lot of expensive equipment.
4. Because you're not burning calories, everything you eat turns to fat.
5. He was not a particularly good shot because of his eyesight.
6. The man was known to the police because of previous convictions.
7. I thought they were laughing at me because I was ugly.
8. The boy was unhappy because he thought he was friendless.
9. He won the election because the Democrats self-destructed in their primary.
10. His government began to unravel because of a banking scandal.
on account of的用法
1. The manager had to step down on account of poor health.
2. " Auntie told me not to run, " he explained, " on account of my asthma. ”
“ 阿姨叫我不要跑, ” 他解释道, “ 因为我有气喘病. ”
3. The flight was postponed on account of bad weather.
4. The match was postponed on account of the weather.
5. Innocent people get into trouble on account of others'misfortune.
6. He has a bad name on account of his dishonesty.
7. He was in the blues on account of his failure in business.
8. The old worker retired on account of age.
9. A newly-married couple, he thought, on account of their walking so close together.
10. The President declined to deliver the speech himself, on account of a sore throat.