1. They ate a mash of 2 potatoes, 2 carrots & cabbage.
2. "It's corned beef and cabbage," said Malone. "Yuk," said Maureen.
3. The cabin looked as if a maniac had been let loose there.
4. Looking through the cabin window I saw the flicker of flames.
5. All together there are six new faces in the cabinet.
6. The rally was organised at the instance of two senior cabinet ministers.
7. Repairs to the cable did not take too long.
8. A thin cable carries the signal to a computer.
9. The cafe is just across the road over there.
10. The place is kitted out in upmarket Italian cafe style.
11. That cheapskate took his date to a cafeteria.
12. This cafeteria serves good honest food.
13. He's let himself go since Cage died.
14. Rosa traded seats with Cage.
15. Would you like some chocolate cake?
6. What you do first is to calculate the mean.
7. Engineers calculate the strains and stresses on a bridge.
8. Laboratory work needs not only accurate measurements but also correct calculation.
9. After much calculation, they decided to give Phil the position of manager.
10. This is a solar calendar.
11. He fastened the calendar to a wall.