conquer, overcome, overthrow, defeat, beat, subdue
Embracing Defeat 拥抱战败
Concede Defeat 愿赌服输
take defeat 承认失败 ; 接收失败
complete defeat 完败
defeat switch 消除开关
inevitable defeat 丧志屈服
Duplication defeat 复制失败
Defeat Opponent 击败对手
1. After the pain of defeat passes, England have some thinking to do.
2. Initially the government was unwilling to accept the defeat.
3. Sampdoria lost their unbeaten record with a 2-1 home defeat against Genoa.
4. They had their championship hopes dashed by a 3-1 defeat.
5. Second-placed Auxerre suffered a surprising 2-0 home defeat to Nantes.
6. The lack of a decent education did not defeat Rey.
7. A defeat like that makes you sit up and think.
8. Political defeat seemed a real possibility at the end of 1981.
9. Mr Wallace tries to co-opt rather than defeat his critics.
10. The defeat of the corporatists is easy to understand.
11. Since Japan's defeat, the military has remained largely emasculated.
12. The zenith of Perugia'sinfluence came with the defeat of Siena in 1358.
13. The minister resigned last night after a stunning defeat in Sunday's vote.
14. A 2-1 defeat by Sweden left them bottom of Group One.
15. The vote is seen as a defeat for the anti-abortion lobby.