contradict, deny, oppose, refute
1. They appeared at court yesterday to deny charges of murder.
2. I would not want to deny them a harmless pleasure.
3. Who can deny his stature as the world's greatest cellist?
4. He tried to deny it. Shame on him!
5. They totally and categorically deny the charges.
6. Don't deny yourself pleasure.
7. The White House was swift to deny the rumours.
8. It is absurd that they ( should ) deny my request.
9. Jack had the hardihood to deny what he has done.
10. They falsify or deny whatever doesn't suit their books.
11. He had the hardihood to deny the fact.
12. Both women vehemently deny the charges against them.
13. Don't imagine you can deny that.
14. He didn't deny the facts.
15. He has the confidence to deny it.