despite表 尽管; 虽然的意思，那么你知道despite的同义词有哪些吗?接下来小编为大家整理了despite的同义词，希望对你有帮助哦!
despite, in spite of, notwithstanding
despite ： 书面用词，指不受某事或某种原因的阻碍，语气轻于in spite of。
in spite of ： 在这些词中语气最强，可与despite换用，口语或书面语中均可使用。
notwithstanding ： 语气最弱，仅表示一种障碍的存在。
despite (或 in despite of)
despite herself Fran felt a ripple of appreciation for his beauty.
1. She persevered in her idea despite obvious objections raised by friends.
2. Despite his lack of experience, he got the job.
3. Despite his bulk he moved lightly on his feet.
4. Despite her status, the Duchess will not be given preferential treatment.
5. Despite his unconventional methods, he has inspired pupils more than anyone else.
6. They were all in top hats and cutaways despite the growing heat.
7. Despite some artful editing, the anthology is a weak one.
8. Despite its demonstrable speed and safety, the boat failed to become popular.
9. Despite its lack of formal power the nobility was not powerless.
10. The guard eyeballed him pretty hard despite his pass.
11. Despite a thorough investigation, no trace of Dr Southwell has been found.
12. Despite the heat, he'd swapped his overalls for a suit and tie.
13. He'd obviously kept himself fit despite his years of confinement.
14. Despite the unsettled weather, we had a marvellous weekend.
15. Despite the poor weather the fishing has been pretty good.
1. In spite of her hostility, she was attracted to him.
2. The blunt comment made Richard laugh in spite of himself.
3. I wouldn't trust them in spite of all their la-di-da manners.
4. In spite of his illness, he clung tenaciously to his job.
5. In spite of the recession, profits have galloped ahead.
6. In spite of the extremity of her seclusion she was sane.
7. In spite of great peril, I have survived.
8. She is still very active, in spite of her advancing years.
9. In spite of his disappointment, he managed a weak smile.
10. In spite of his vices, he was loved by all.
11. He has modern ideas in spite of his great age.
12. The army were still fighting in spite of heavy casualties.
13. The ship held to its course in spite of the storm.
14. In spite of his anger, his remarks were restrained.
15. We must plough on somehow in spite of all the difficulties.
1. He despised William Pitt, notwithstanding the similar views they both held.
2. His relations with colleagues, differences of opinion notwithstanding, were unfailingly friendly.
3. Notwithstanding some major financial problems, the school has had a successful year.
4. Notwithstanding the heat of the sun we must go out.
5. I don't like movies, but I will go with you notwithstanding.
6. She went swimming yesterday notwithstanding ( that ) her mother told her not to.
7. He was misunderstood notwithstanding his good intentions.
8. They went ahead, public opposition notwithstanding.
9. There were remonstrances, but he persisted notwithstanding.
10. I love the boy notwithstanding this naugtiness.
11. He insisted on going to the football match, notwithstanding his doctor's advice to the contrary.
12. Thomas Carlyle , notwithstanding his tedious rhetoric, is a master of the sublime in prose style.
尽管 托马斯·卡莱尔 的语言花俏冗长,但是他仍不失为一位令人崇敬的散文文体大师.
13. No matter how bad the weather is, the children will play foot – ball on the playground, notwithstanding.
14. Notwithstanding all this furniture, there was still room to turn around in.
15. Notwithstanding the bad weather, the match went on.