vanish, disappear, fade, evaporate
1. She stood watching the car's tail-lights disappear down the drive.
2. He saw something dark disappear behind the curtain of leaves.
3. It was uncharacteristic of her father to disappear like this.
4. Year by year great swathes of this small nation's countryside disappear.
5. The snow will soon disappear when the warm weather comes.
6. His apparent unwillingness would disappear if we paid him enough.
7. Price control would gradually disappear in favor of a free market.
8. Only when the means of production were communally owned would classes disappear.
9. This soap works like magic — the stains just disappear.
10. The rumour had to disappear before facts.
11. They run away from the problem, hoping it will disappear of its own accord.
12. The unions are worried that at least 100,000 jobs will disappear as a result of privatization.
13. Mist was rising, and trees and shrubs began to disappear in a milk-white haze.
14. They approach, embrace, and poof! they disappear in a blinding flash of light.
15. As soon as the police disappear the violence will take up from where it left off.