divide, separate, part, divorce
divide ： 指把一个整体按要求分成几个部分，暗示分配之意;也可指分开两个对立的事物。
separate ： 指把两个人或物分开，着重从原属一个整体中移居一部分或把两者隔开。
part ： 多指使紧密相连的人或物分开，往往暗示最后分离的意味。
divorce ： 特指两个或更多的互为依赖的事物的分离，尤指婚姻的合法解体。
be part and parcel of
it's best to accept that some inconveniences are part and parcel of travel.
for my (或 his, her，等) part
I for my part find the story less than convincing.
look the part
a man of (many) parts
on the part of (或 on my, their，等 part)
there was a series of errors on my part.
they parted company outside the Red Lion.
take the part of
for (one's) part
for the most part
in good part
take a joke in good part.
on the part of
Brilliant strategy on the part of Confederate forces ensured their victory at Chancellorsville.
part and parcel
Working overtime is part and parcel of his job.
go one's separate ways
separate but equal
1. (美 史)隔离而平等的
separate the men from the boys
separate the sheep from the goats
separate the wheat from the chaff
divide and rule (或 conquer)
the politics of divide and rule in society.
divided against itself
the regime is profoundly divided against itself.
1. I wanted a divorce. I wanted to get away.
2. Petter saw no reason to hurry the divorce along.
3. She decided to divorce her increasingly faithless and unreliable husband.
4. The high divorce figures don't seem to be putting people off marriage.
5. At this rate, we could find ourselves in the divorce courts!
6. Was your daddy heartbroken when they got a divorce?
7. I refused her a divorce, out of spite I suppose.
8. Her lawyers have been ruthless in thrashing out a divorce settlement.
9. Divorce is a permanent, ineradicable fact of modern life.
10. Financial stress is well established as a chief reason for divorce.
11. Many mothers and children tumble into poverty after divorce.
12. She is known to have liberal views on divorce and contraception.
13. She is going to divorce him on the grounds of adultery.
14. The divorce was painfully public, feeding her dislike of the press.
15. My mother tried to talk me out of getting a divorce.
1. Remove the meat with a fork and divide it among four plates.
2. She has done more to divide the Conservatives than anyone else.
3. Cells divide and renew as part of the human growth process.
4. Add them together, divide by five, and you've got the average. Okay?
5. Measure the floor area of the greenhouse and divide it by six.
6. Those cells divide and give many other different types of cells.
7. Divide the pastry in half and roll out each piece.
8. Apartheid used tribalism as the basis of its "divide-and-rule" homeland policies.
9. The party is likely to divide along ideological lines.
10. The idea is to divide up the country into four sectors.
11. Divide the sauce among 4 bowls.
12. The cells began to divide rapidly.
13. The children are already learning to multiply and divide.
14. Divide the cauliflower into florets and wash them thoroughly.
15. The mountain is the divide between the two rivers.
1. A young man of his years needed to have a separate room.
2. The ability to separate out reusable elements from other waste is crucial.
3. The government, the executive and the judi-ciary are supposed to be separate.
4. If prepared many hours ahead, the mixture may separate out.
5. I've always kept my private and professional life separate.
6. They are now making plans to form their own separate party.
7. The authorities say six civilians have been killed in two separate attacks.
8. Use separate chopping boards for raw meats, cooked meats, vegetables and salads.
9. Police moved in to separate the two groups, already sundered by distrust.
10. A complex engine has many separate components, each performing a different function.
11. The schools were adjacent but there were separate doors.
12. Designer wedding dresses make wedding fashion a separate category from mainstream fashion.
13. I tell you what, I'll bring the water in a separate glass.
14. Truscott's verbosity made it hard to separate plain fact from decorative embellishment.
15. Sue and her husband decided to go their separate ways.
1. These days work plays an important part in a single woman's life.
2. He was in large part a journalist and propagandist.
3. 673 private golf clubs took part in a recent study.
4. He did part-time work as an usher in a theatre.
5. The western-most part of north Wales is a stronghold of Welsh-speakers.
6. Sixteen teams are taking part, divided into four groups.
7. For my part, I feel elated and close to tears.
8. U.S. forces now occupy a part of the country.
9. It is a part of Britain as yet largely unaccustomed to tourists.
10. Here is an actress who could have her pick of any part.
11. Paramilitary police units are taking part in rescue efforts.
12. Roadside cafes are now a big part of the catering industry.
13. These various complaints are part of a continuum of ill-health.
14. Mind trainers are now part of a tennis star's retinue.
15. She had that inbred politeness, it was a part of her.