have had enough of
不能〔不愿〕再容忍… be unable or unwilling to tolerate sth/sb any more
I’m surprised you haven’t had enough of him yet.我很惊讶你还能忍受他。
I’ve had enough of their continual chatter.我已厌烦了他们喋喋不休的闲谈。
curiously〔oddly, strangely〕 enough
稀奇的是… it is very curious, etc. that…
Strangely enough,I, too, met him yesterday.真够怪的,我昨天也遇见了他。
果然 as expected
He said he would come,and sure enough he came.他说过要来,果然,他来了。
adequate, enough, sufficient
1. Three hundred million dollars will be nothing like enough.
2. The plan is good; the problem is it doesn’t go far enough.
3. America has enough firepower in the area to mount sustained air strikes.
4. McGregor’s effort was enough to edge Johnson out of the top spot.
5. I met him only the once, and that was enough.
6. It’s enough to make you wet yourself, if you’ll pardon the expression.
7. It’s just not enough money to start life over.
8. The allegations are serious enough to warrant an investigation.
9. Ford had the bright idea of paying workers enough to buy cars.
10. I suggest we gather enough firewood to last the night.
11. Stop asking questions! You should know when enough is enough.
12. Little of the existing housing is of good enough quality.
13. There wasn’t enough room in the baggage compartment for all the gear.
14. If Douglas came down hard enough on him, Dale would rebel.
15. Auntie Hilda and Uncle Jack couldn’t fuss over them enough.