examination, test, quiz, exam
examination ： 通常指为检查学生知识或能力而举行的正式考试，有时也指临时考试。
test ： 多指有具体目的的临时性考试或小考。
quiz ： 指时间较短，随时进行的口头或书面的非正式测验。
1. Schools were told their exam information had to be spot-on and accurate.
2. Teachers know that low exam results will reflect badly on them.
3. Liam surprised his tutors by twice failing a second year exam.
4. The raw exam results make no allowance for social background.
5. Your son is upset because he flunked a history exam.
6. He had been caught cribbing in an exam.
7. She was cramming for her Economics exam.
8. She finished the exam paper.
9. These exam results are way above average.
10. She had a brainstorm in the exam and didn’t answer a single question.
11. He passed the exam with ease .
12. Some parents equate education with exam success.
13. to take an exam
14. She got full marks in the exam.
15. to invigilate an exam
1. So far 57 have taken the test and all have been negative.
2. He tried to bluff his way through another test and failed it.
3. The scientists have already experimented at each other’s test sites.
4. The test can accurately predict what a bigger explosion would do.
5. He suggested a link between class size and test results of seven-year-olds.
6. A positive pregnancy test soon confirmed her intuitive feelings.
7. The Partial Test-Ban Treaty bans nuclear testing in the atmosphere.
8. The company uses the simulator to market test new designs.
9. The athlete received a two-year suspension following a positive drug test.
10. Such a motion is considered a test of backbench opinion.
11. The Party’s authority, comrades, will be put to a serious test.
12. The children have to sit a tough selection test.
13. He was once described as a fussily accurate test pilot.
14. If the test is positive, a course of antibiotics may be prescribed.
15. The vote was seen as a test run for elections to come.
1. The Navy is to carry out an examination of the wreck tomorrow.
2. The events in Los Angeles have sparked a new national self-examination.
3. Did you have to get through an entrance examination?
4. He had a third examination and was declared unfit for duty.
5. Energy policy is badly in need of radical re-examination.
6. If the examination shows your company enjoys basically good health, read on.
7. Breast self-examination is invaluable for detecting cancer in its very early stages.
8. A post mortem examination found that she died from asphyxiation.
9. He was later discharged after an examination at Westminster Hospital.
10. You will need to have a routine biannual examination.
11. How well does this thesis stand up to close examination?
12. Further examination is needed to exclude the chance of disease.
13. They found invasive cancer during a routine examination.
14. That question did come up in the examination.
15. The proposal requires careful examination and consideration.
1. Below are printed the answers to the Brain of Soccer 1993 quiz.
2. We’ll have a quiz at the end of the show.
3. We’ve also got a bonus quiz with crates of beer as prizes!
4. The format of the new quiz show has proved popular.
5. a general knowledge quiz
6. a general knowledge quiz
7. He took part in a television quiz and won a prize.
8. The quiz was a good opportunity for the exhibition of his knowledge.
9. The quiz showed up Cane’s weak points in physics.
10. How did you do in the maths test [ quiz ] ?
你的数学 考 得 怎么样 ?
11. They are having a quiz now.
12. I’ll give you a quiz.
13. Who coined the word “quiz” ?
14. Let me quiz you.
15. I’m going to have a physics quiz tomorrow.