drill, exercise, practice, training, discipline
1. His exercise books were full of well deserved red ticks.
2. Swimming is probably the best form of exercise you can get.
3. A bit of exercise will help lift his spirits.
4. Lack of exercise can lead to feelings of depression and exhaustion.
5. Other amenities, less commonly available, include a library and exercise room.
6. Television broadcasters were warned to exercise caution over depicting scenes of violence.
7. He collapsed following a vigorous exercise session at his home.
8. They learnt a lot from the initial market testing exercise.
9. She dismisses the reform process as an exercise in collective navel gazing.
10. We expected every drawing exercise to show us up as hopeless artists.
11. I find it really hard to drag myself out and exercise regularly.
12. After all, 15 minutes of exercise is better than nothing.
13. When you are ready to finish the exercise, gradually deepen your breathing.
14. The object of the exercise is to raise money for the charity.
15. Any exercise that causes undue shortness of breath should be stopped.