发作express one’s feelings noisily and often suddenly, because of (a strong feeling such as anger)
Jim exploded with anger when he heard how Mary had been treated.吉姆听到玛丽的遭遇时,勃然大怒。
explode, burst, erupt
explode ： 指物体爆炸而释放大量热能的一刹那。
burst ： 强调爆炸能量的突然释放和力量的突然迸发。
erupt ： 主要指火山的爆发，也可用作引申意义。
1. Catherine was ready to explode. “I think you’re contemptible!”
2. The car was juddering and vibrating as if it would explode.
3. The bomb must explode within less than a millionth of a second.
4. These are the facts that explode their so-called economic miracle.
5. She heard laughter explode, then die.
6. Many boys explode firecrackers on the Fourth of July.
7. Do you fear that you’ll burst into tears or explode with anger in front of her?
8. He has a short fuse , and they poke and prod to see if he will explode.
9. Columbus helped to explode the theory that the earth is flat.
10. Andrew , who was short – tempered from a sleepless night, was ready toexplode.
11. If the hydrogen is ignited it is likely to explode.
12. For a moment it looked if Lilian Hawthorne would explode.
13. For a moment it looked as if Lilian Hawthorne would explode.
14. Modern consciousness has this great need to explode its own postures.
15. Many boys explode firecrackers on the Lantern Festival.