appearance, look, face, aspect
1. They have maintained their optimism in the face of desolating subjugation.
2. The cold, misty air felt wonderful on his face.
3. He will now face a disciplinary hearing for having an affair.
4. A young man plunged from a sheer rock face to his death.
5. The government wilted in the face of such powerful pressure.
6. He came to me with a very long face.
7. She was thin and spare, with a sharply intelligent face.
8. Brothels, she insists, are the acceptable face of prostitution.
9. We’ll face a tough fight in the upcoming election.
10. His hair was disheveled, and his face was unshaven and gray.
11. Haley studied her, an enigmatic smile on his face.
12. The winner will face the Oakland A’s in the playoffs this weekend.
13. Customers who arrange overdrafts will face a monthly charge of £5.
14. Lie face upwards with a cushion under your head.
15. He was a smallish, greying man, with a wrinkly face.