<动>sit ; be seated ; travel by ; take
<名>seat ; place ; a surname
<介>[书] (因为) because ; for the reason that
<副>(表示无缘无故) for no reason at all ; without cause or reason
Father sits in the same chair every evening.
She sat very still under the tree.
He had his seat in the sofa and lit a cigar.
Is this seat taken?
I was sitting in the garden enjoying the sunshine.
They are sitting in the shade of a tree.
The director took her accustomed place at the end of the table.
Do you prefer to travel by train or by plane?
Do you like to sit in the private room or in the lobby?
1. He sat penitently in his chair by the window. 他懊悔地坐在靠窗的椅子上。
2. When you are sitting, keep your elbow on the arm rest. 坐立时，把胳膊肘靠在扶手上。
3. She had been sitting with her knitting at her fourth-floor window. 她那时正坐在5楼的窗前织东西。
4. They sat talking and necking in the car for another ten minutes. 他们在车里又坐了10分钟，边说边搂着亲热。
5. When Eleanor returned, I was still sitting glumly on the settee. 埃莉诺回来的时候，我还闷闷不乐地坐在长沙发上。
6. I never go on the bus into the town. 我从不坐公共汽车去城里。
7. Use your lunch hour to have a nap in your chair. 利用午饭时间坐在椅子上打个盹吧。
8. He sat listening to the tick of the grandfather clock. 他坐在那儿，听着落地式大摆钟嘀嗒作响。
9. We sat in Lily’s sunroom while I sketched in the situation. 我们坐在莉莉的日光浴室里，我把目前形势的细节情况又补充说明了一下。
10. I sat in the garden and watched the passing cars. 我坐在花园里，看着过往车辆。