alsobesidethenfurthermoremore overin additionaboveallin particularadditionallyeven more importantin this connectionat mostapart fromnot in the leastWhat’s moreFurthermoreIn additionNonethelessAdditionally
and,thennot only.but also…first…,secondly…,thirdly…,finally.moreover,furthermore.what’ s more,besides,what’ s worse,in addition
1. English has hurt me a thousand times, but I still regard it as my first love.
2. I picked first all the people who usually were left till last.
3. Their first car rolls off the production line on December 16.
4. They were still arguing the toss about the first goal.
5. It is better to stretch the tight muscles first.
6. He won his first Derby on the aptly named “Never Say Die”.
7. Dig a largish hole and bang the stake in first.
8. She made her first and only space flight last September.
9. Some girls may first ovulate even before they menstruate.
10. Sylvia, camera in hand, asked, “Where do we go first?”
11. The boy first showed promise as an athlete in grade school.
12. In 1973, the first Open University graduates received their degrees.
13. The first snow came a month earlier than usual.
14. It was at university that he first encountered Hopkins.
15. She conceded just three points on her service during the first set.
1. This brings us to the second question I asked.
2. Elliott crossed the finish line just half a second behind his adversary.
3. All this, needless to say, had been culled second-hand from radio reports.
4. “Wait there!” Kathryn rose. “No, on second thought, follow me.”
5. With a snarl, the second dog made a dive for his heel.
6. He joined the second battalion of the Grenadier Guards.
7. Britain has dropped from second to third place in the league.
8. My personal life has had to take second place to my career.
9. The gun was fired and Beaton was wounded a second time.
10. At least this second meeting had helped to thaw the atmosphere.
11. The clincher was City’s second goal, scored minutes from the end.
12. France is the world’s second-biggest exporter of agricultural products.
13. Finding a second wind, he rode away from his pursuers.
14. In those crowded streets her attire did not rate a second glance.
15. It was the president’s second public appearance to date.
1. Leningrad was the third alien city to offer him a surrogate home.
2. Britain has dropped from second to third place in the league.
3. England will have to settle for third or fourth place.
4. Warwicks leap to third in the table, 31 points behind leaders Essex.
5. Jane’s goals helped Britain win third place in the Barcelona games.
6. Depression is the third thing that works to my patients’ disadvantage.
7. He had a third examination and was declared unfit for duty.
8. Davies finished almost two seconds in arrears for third place.
9. The American edition of “Cloud Street” is already in its third printing.
10. Alain Prost finished third and virtually conceded the world championship.
11. By the third lap Kinkead had touched 289 m.p.h.
12. We felt we might finish third. Any better would be a bonus.
13. Only a third of these households thought it reasonable to meter water.
14. We’re not even a third of the way there.
15. She finished third in the world cross-country championships in Antwerp.