1. The council recently drew fire for its intervention in the dispute.
2. It was five long miles to the nearest pub.
3. In recent months many conservative politicians have jumped on the anti-immigrant bandwagon.
4. The recent rain had churned up the waterfall into a muddy whirlpool.
5. 673 private golf clubs took part in a recent study.
6. He recently did the catering for a presidential reception.
7. The nearest safe anchorage was in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
8. The banks have had precious little to celebrate recently.
9. I find that I need very little sleep these days.
10. They wandered off in the direction of the nearest store.
11. She has recently begun to slouch over her typewriter.
12. The latest opinion polls are predicting a very close contest.
13. Columbia recently resigned the band for a cool $30 million.
14. The wood had been recently polished to bring back the shine.
15. Attitudes to mental illness have shifted in recent years.
The recent scandal has provided the government’s opponents with plenty of ammunition.
His recent death overshadowed the family gathering.
It is only recently that I started painting.
In his last film he starred as a cowboy.
The last five years have seen a consistent improvement in the country’s economy.
I haven’t heard any news from my son lately.
He is living high on the hog recently.
No one smokes on planes these days.
My company turned over about one million dollars recently.
Her latest poem has remarkable depth.
Recently they have laid an underground pipeline.
Some of the universities have been resegregated recently.
Superstitions have recently been revived in some parts of the country.
She hasn’t been feeling up to the mark lately.
I recently moved to another city.
But it seems from their latest statements that they have reservations for the moment.
One reason, till recently, was that he did not know what to put where.
‘My partner and I have both recently lost our jobs in the City, ‘ she says.
Neither did I until recently.
“I need it, ” he said recently.
Well, I believe, my dear Edmond, though I have not seen him lately.