英 [ˈfiniʃ] 美 [ˈfɪnɪʃ]
1. Elliott crossed the finish line just half a second behind his adversary.
2. They meant to finish her off, swiftly and without mercy.
3. The game took her less than an hour to finish.
4. We felt we might finish third. Any better would be a bonus.
5. The Socialists may still finish ahead of the pack.
6. Her eyes flashed, but he held up a hand. “Let me finish.”
7. He’s probably going to finish up in jail for business fraud.
8. Watch them carefully as they finish cooking because they can burn easily.
9. When you are ready to finish the exercise, gradually deepen your breathing.
10. Christie was easing up over the last 10m to finish third.
11. As they reached the start-finish line Prost jinked right and drew abreast.
12. He shouldered his bike and walked across the finish line.
13. Am I alone in thinking that this scandal should finish his career?
14. The enamel gives new brass an authentically tarnished finish.
15. His high black boots had been shined to a gleaming finish.