take, grasp, grab, grip, clasp, clutch, snatch, seize
1. He let the ball slip through his grasp and into the net.
2. His hand was taken in a warm, firm grasp.
3. Attlee was extremely intelligent and his grasp of the situation was masterly.
4. I know that you'refloundering around, trying to grasp at any straw.
5. The people in your grasp are not guests, they are hostages.
6. The immensity of the universe is difficult to grasp.
7. The students had a grasp of decimals, percentages and fractions.
8. She allowed victory to slip from her grasp.
9. They have a good grasp of foreign languages.
10. The hammer slipped out of her grasp.
11. Peace is now within our grasp.
12. The bag was wrenched from her grasp.
13. We have no intuitive grasp of the immensity of time.
14. It's difficult to grasp the sheer enormity of the tragedy.
15. I can't quite grasp the meaning of these figures.