adj. 紧密的; 亲密的; 亲近的;
vt. 关; 结束; 使靠近;
vi. 关; 结束; 关闭;
变形 过去分词: closed 过去式: closed 现在分词: closing 第三人称单数: closes
1. Three mortar shells had landed close to a crowd of people.
2. Warm weather has attracted the flat fish close to shore.
3. An airliner came close to disaster while approaching Heathrow Airport.
4. For my part, I feel elated and close to tears.
5. Sammy was standing close to Ned, talking animatedly with him.
6. To close your document, press CTRL+W on your keyboard.
7. Today's complex buildings require close teamwork between the architect and the builders.
8. The latest opinion polls are predicting a very close contest.
9. A senior White House official said the agreement is close.
10. He lived alone, keeping close contact with his three grown-up sons.
11. The close-up photography and commentary are clear and unambiguous.
12. Young adolescents are happiest with small groups of close friends.
13. You were just in time. Whew! What a close call.
14. We hope to continue to have her close support and friendship.
15. Animal welfare is a subject very close to my heart.
close [ kləuz ]
the temporal end; the concluding time
"they were playing better at the close of the season"
同义词： stopping point finale finis finish last conclusion
the last section of a communication
同义词： conclusion end closing ending
the concluding part of any performance
同义词： finale closing curtain finis
cease to operate or cause to cease operating
"The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; " My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; " close up the shop"
同义词： close up fold shut down close down
complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement
"We closed on the house on Friday"; " They closed the deal on the building"
move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut
bar access to
"Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.)
"The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
"The probe closed with the space station"
come to a close
"The concert closed with a nocturne by Chopin"
"The windows closed with a loud bang"
come together, as if in an embrace
"Her arms closed around her long lost relative"
同义词： come together
unite or bring into contact or bring together the edges of
"close the circuit"; " close a wound"; " close a book"; " close up an umbrella"
同义词： close up
bring together all the elements or parts of
"Management closed ranks"
engage at close quarters
"close with the enemy"
be priced or listed when trading stops
"The stock market closed high this Friday"; " My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
change one's body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
fill or stop up
"Can you close the cracks with caulking?"
同义词： fill up
finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead
"The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other
"close to noon"; " how close are we to town?"; " a close formation of ships"
close in relevance or relationship
"a close family"; " we are all…in close sympathy with…"; " close kin"; " a close resemblance"
not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances
"she was close to tears"; " had a close call"
同义词： near nigh
rigorously attentive; strict and thorough
"close supervision"; " paid close attention"; " a close study"; " kept a close watch on expenditures"
marked by fidelity to an original
"a close translation"
(of a contest or contestants) evenly matched
"a close contest"; " a close election"
lacking fresh air
"the dreadfully close atmosphere"
同义词： airless stuffy unaired
"a close weave"
strictly confined or guarded
"kept under close custody"
confined to specific persons
"a close secret"
fitting closely but comfortably
"a close fit"
同义词： snug close-fitting
used of hair or haircuts
"a close military haircut"
giving or spending with reluctance
"very close (or near) with his money"
同义词： cheeseparing near penny-pinching skinny
inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information
"although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept close about it"
同义词： closelipped closemouthed secretive tightlipped
near in time or place or relationship
"the bullet didn't come close"; " don't get too close to the fire"
同义词： near nigh
in an attentive manner
"he remained close on his guard"
同义词： closely tight
5.be close to是什么意思