firm, stable, steady
firm ： 指牢固不可动摇或意志、信仰的坚定。
stable ： 多指根基牢固，平衡良好，也指性格或位置等的稳定，不可移动或改变。
steady ： 指保持平衡不动摇。用于有形物时，指没有根基的稳固，也指动中的稳。
be on firm ground
a firm hand
1. The price of oil should remain stable for the rest of 1992.
2. Their characters are fully formed and they are both very stable children.
3. We'vegot stable labor, decreasing interest rates, low oil prices.
4. As chief executive, he assembled a polished stable of celebrities.
5. Miss Curling won on two horses from Mick Trickey's stable.
6. They found Trish sitting on the cobbles of the stable yard.
7. The less stable compounds were converted into a compound called Delta-A THC.
8. This structure must be stable.
9. She came from a stable, comfortable, middle-class family.
10. Doctors said his condition was serious but stable.
11. This ladder doesn't seem very stable.
12. The prices of the commodities are quite stable this year.
13. I used stable muck as a mulch for my roses.
14. The mare has just thrown a foal in the stable.
15. He was not emotionally stable enough to think through his decision.
1. Choose a soft, medium or firm mattress to suit their individual needs.
2. An oil executive swindled £50,000 out of his firm.
3. "But Peter, it's not that simple," Goldstone countered in a firm voice.
4. Why should a successful company allow another firm to pick its brains?
5. The council is standing firm against the barrage of protest.
6. He's spoken to a publishing firm. They're going to take him on.
7. A Brazilian public relations firm has brought some fizz into his campaign.
8. The army must be seen to be taking firm action.
9. His stockbroking firm was hit by the 1987 crash.
10. He is a firm believer in total quality management.
11. The firm's sales of repossessed properties is up by 40 per cent.
12. He was firm and steady unlike other men she knew.
13. The larger firm was capable of providing a better range of services.
14. If one firm goes under it could provoke a cascade of bankruptcies.
15. The firm decided to bring in a new management team.
1. Gail was silent for a moment, regarding Harry with his steady gaze.
2. She felt increasingly uncomfortable under the woman's steady gaze.
3. He was firm and steady unlike other men she knew.
4. It's been hard to get a steady fix on what's going on.
5. He reached for a cigarette and lit it, fingers rock steady.
6. They were expecting the jobless rate to hold steady.
7. The bruise on his stomach ached with a steady throb.
8. "Well, go on," said Camilla, her voice fairly steady.
9. A tripod will be useful to align and steady the camera.
10. The rain remained steady though the wind had died down.
11. She's been going steady with Randolph for almost a year now.
12. A steady stream of California traffic clogs the air with pollutants.
13. A steady procession of people filed past the coffin.
14. Keep the drill steady while it ascends and descends.
15. Her second husband was a steady, unimaginative, corporate lawyer.